Back in 2012, when I auditioned for Master Chef Season 3 with Gordon Ramsay- this egg curry recipe won me my Master Chef Apron. After all these years, I decided to share my recipe with everyone:
Onions- 3 medium diced fine
Tomatoes- 4 diced
Eggs- 6 boiled and peeled and chopped in halves
Garlic- 5 cloves minced
1/2 inch of fresh ginger
1 Clove, 1 Cardamom, a small piece of Cinnamon
Oil- any -I prefer coconut or sesame oil for this recipe
Salt to taste
Cayenne powder- 1 teaspoon
Curry powder or Garam Masala- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves -3/4, Cilantro and mustard seeds-1/2 tsp for garnish
- Place a pan under medium flame and add 1 tablespoon oil. In this recipe I use my garnish in the first step
- Throw in mustard seeds, curry leaves, clove, cardamom and cinnamon till they splutter. Add in ginger, garlic, onions and mix with salt to taste, cayenne and spices like curry powder/ garam masala.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Keep covered after adding 1/4 cup of water and let it cook until all tomatoes are stewed and release oil.
- Now add in the eggs and fold in gently with the onion tomato paste gently and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish finally with Cilantro.
- Serve with warm Naan bread.