I havent been cooking a whole lot due to my kitchen remodel but this has taught me to innovate dishes which can be whipped up with bare minimum and one such dish that I have been repeating is My Spinach Quiche. So here goes:
Serving Size: 4 people
1/2 cup of whole milk
Onions chopped -1
Spinach-1/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen
Jalapeno- 1 whole with seeds
Seasoning -I used “Elote” seasoning you can use any
Salt to taste
Cayenne powder- 1 tsp
Sour dough bread – 2 slices chopped up
Butter- 1/2 stick chopped into cubes
Pepper jack cheese slices- 2-3
- Firstly whip up eggs and milk in a bowl and keep aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, spinach and jalapenos in olive oil for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle salt, cayenne and elote seasoning
- Start layering your baking dish with pieces of sourdough bread at the base
- Then add a layer of sautéed spinach onion on top
- Next coat this with a layer of egg-milk mix
- Layer with pepper jack cheese
- Top layer must have pieces of sour dough bread and egg mix
- Finally add a layer of cheese and spread the cubes of butter on top
- Bake in the oven at 375 C for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with a slice of sour dough bread toast or simply eat it plain!