1 medium sized eggplant( I used 1/2 a large eggplant)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 green chillies
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 inch piece of fresh ginger(else 1 tsp ginger powder)
2/3 cloves of garlic
1) Rub the eggplant with oil and spices on all sides and place it in the oven in a baking pan at 400 degrees for 15- 20 minutes.
2) Crush fresh ginger and garlic in mortar and pestle.
3)Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin, crushed ginger garlic, curry powder, cumin and coriander powder.
4) Add chopped onions and cayenne powder/ green chillies whatever is available.
5) Add tomato paste and mix.
6) Take eggplant out of the oven and now you can easily peel the skin
7) Using a hand blender or fork, mash the pulp of the eggplant and transfer it to the pan.
8) Mix well, plate and enjoy on crackers! with any kind of bread, or pita or on a sandwich:)