I want to start by introducing all of you to what a “Kadai” is? Kadai in India means a wok:) I prepare this awesome “currylicious” cottage cheese dish in a wok tossed with colored bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. I throw in a bunch of spices that the flavors and smell travel to my neighbours and they say “not again, Nandini- We smell another curry in the making. Are we invited”?
I just feel very generous today 🙂 and would love to share this recipe with all of you. I bet you will fall in love with this currylicious dish!!!
1 Green Chilli
1/2 Green bell pepper
1/2 Red bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of fresh ginger/ 1 tsp ginger powder
Indian Cottage Cheese
1/2 tsp butter
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1) Chop onion, bell peppers, ginger and garlic roughly.
2) Grind onions, green chilli, garlic and ginger together.
3) Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin seeds, turmeric,
cayenne, coriander powder and salt to taste.
4) Transfer the ground onion-chilli-garlic-ginger mixture
to the above pan.
5) Mix so that the spices blend with the
mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
6) Puree the fresh tomato
7) Transfer the tomato puree to the pan.
8) Mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes
9) Using mortar and pestle, grind the
fresh coriander seeds.
10) Transfer the ground coriander seeds to the
pan and mix with the peppers and onions.
11) Now is the time add my favorite Indian herb,
dried fenugreek leaves!
12) Using the palm of your hand, crush the leaves
and add it to the pan and mix well.
13) Now carefully transfer the mixture of onions, peppers,
crushed coriander seeds and fenugreek leaves onto the pan
that has the previously cooked onion tomato paste mixture.
14) Mix everything together gently.
15) Now cut the cottage cheese into medium
16) Take another pan. Now this is the only time I would ask you to use the 1/2 teaspoon butter. Trust me!
Follow my recipe and you can prepare restaurant quality curry at home 🙂
Add the butter and toss the cubed cottage cheese till they turn brown.
17) TIME TO PLATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!